Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Emily's First Birthday Party Part 2

What a day it was!  We were all exhausted by the end but it was a lot of fun.
Here is what I was able to do from my wish list (see the last blog post).

The ribbon chandelier was great and so easy to do!  I used crepe paper instead of ribbon which made it so much cheaper and I think was a great effect.  I now have it hanging up in Em's room for decoration.  We will have a DIY post on this in a few weeks on the blog.

I got the balloons but didn't have time to do the coloured tails!  I have learnt that there is limited decorating time on the actual day…


The cake looked great.  James did a fabulous job and it tasted good too!

 I also made some little tags the same style as the invitations to label the food so people knew what it was they where eating.  It was also nice as we used James’ grandmas recipe for the scones so it's nice to be able to acknowledge her on the day, even though she is no longer with us.

Instead of lolly bags I gave each of the kids a book.  I thought this may be an issue but it seemed to be fine.  I think the kids had enough sugary treats at the party that they did not mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment