Monday, May 19, 2014

Emily's First Birthday Party Part 1

Today I thought I would write about a little celebration that we are having here.  
It is my little girl Emily’s 1st birthday this weekend!  I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone.

I thought I would share with you the things that we are hoping (if time will let us) do.  There will be a lot of DIY aspects to this party…something my husband and I love to do.

So here it goes..this is the wish list for the weekend.  If it happens or not we will see!  I will do another update next weekend and let you know!

The invitation went out a few weeks ago and I based it on our Watercolour design.  I really wanted colour to be the theme for the day. 



From here I have had these ideas:

 
I am going to order some helium balloons in the same tones as the invitations.  I though I might tie some different tails on them to help decorate the room and the one year olds will love it!


Photo source:










For the cake James will try to make an ombre cake.  Something like this is the plan:
 Photo sources:

 
I would also love to create a ribbon chandelier.  This one may or may not happen depending on time.  But this is my inspiration!

Photo source:

I am not sure if we will do lolly bags for the kids or not.  I thought we could do flower biscuits instead?  This is one idea that I have seen that I love!

Photo source:





So that is my plan for Saturday.  Wish me luck..I need it!  I will re post some images next week showing you the end result.
Fi x

No comments:

Post a Comment